- Forgiveness is not circumventing God’s justice….
—It is allowing God to execute His justice in His time and in His way.
- Forgiveness is not waiting for “time to heal all wounds.”…
—It is clear that time doesn’t heal wounds—some people will not allow healing.
- Forgiveness is not letting the guilty “off the hook.”…
—It is moving the guilty from your hook to God’s hook.
- Forgiveness is not the same as reconciliation….
—It takes two for reconciliation, only one for forgiveness.
- Forgiveness is not excusing unjust behavior….
—It is acknowledging that unjust behavior is without excuse, while still forgiving.
- Forgiveness is not explaining away the hurt….
—It is working through the hurt.
- Forgiveness is not based on what is fair….
—It was not “fair” for Jesus to hang on the cross—but He did so that we could be forgiven.
- Forgiveness is not being a weak martyr….
—It is being strong enough to be Christlike.
- Forgiveness is not stuffing your anger….
—It is resolving your anger by releasing the offense to God.
- Forgiveness is not a natural response….
—It is a supernatural response, empowered by God.
- Forgiveness is not denying the hurt….
—It is feeling the hurt and releasing it.
- Forgiveness is not being a doormat….
—It is seeing that, if this were so, Jesus would have been the greatest doormat of all!
- Forgiveness is not conditional….
—It is unconditional, a mandate from God to everyone.
- Forgiveness is not forgetting….
—It is necessary to remember before you can forgive.
- Forgiveness is not a feeling….
—It is a choice—an act of the will.
Tag Archives: United States
Today was an interesting day. After spending time praying about my next step with the blog, I asked God where he would like me to go with my blog. Roadblocks have been good. Still waiting to see if there is any roadblocks that my readers may be having an issue with, that they would like me to discuss.
I am not a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist. My training has been in me becoming a life coach and counselor. The primary difference in my training and approach from these other professions is that my focus is on the present and the future rather than the past. My intention is to help you create the life you want by understanding your life now as opposed to diving into your past. This is not to say that I don’t talk at all about the past, rather that it isn’t the primary focus.